Wednesday, March 9, 2011

From Denver to Boise; That's A Long Drive

Yesterday, for whatever reason, husband and I were so inspired by our triumphant arrival in Denver having come all the way from Missouri that we decided that the next day we would attempt to drive straight from Denver to Boise without stopping the night in Salt Lake City. Looking back on it, I think that was a mistake on our part. That was one long, long, loooooong drive. We didn't arrive in Boise until 1am and I know I'm definitely feeling it today. However, as a reward for our efforts, tonight we're in Portland, Oregon. We'll be spending all of tomorrow here doing some shopping before continuing on to Yakima.

Click to see the larger map!


At this juncture I'd like to take a moment and make a confession. I love fast food. I love it way too much and I'm going to definitely be abstaining for quite some time once we finally get off the road. Even so I want to take a moment and talk about the wonder and magic that is Sonic.
I'm sure that many of you have been to a Sonic or at least seen the advertisements so you know that it's a bit of a throw back where you can drive up in your car, place your order, and a car hop comes out and serves you (or you can opt for the quicker drive-thru option). The thing about Sonic, for me at least though, is that until very very recently THERE WERE NONE IN THE ENTIRE STATE OF MARYLAND. However, we were constantly bombarded with their commercials! Having spent many summers and some of my college time in Texas I was very familiar with Sonic (and my personal favorite the Cherry Limeaid) so I felt like I of all my friends was the only one who knew exactly what we were missing. On a trip to Baton Rouge I finally got to share my love of Sonic with husband and then he too knew what we were all missing. Being on the road though has been absolutely magical with Sonic restaurants all over the place! Cherry Limeaids for breakfast! Tater tots for afternoon snacks! Chicken strip dinners with amazing cream gravy! The happy ending to this story? There IS a Sonic in Yakima. Hopefully though, the novelty will soon wear off and I can stay away from Limeaids for at least a bit. Maybe if I get to travel to Texas soon, I'll be able to write my homage to Whataburger, the most awesome fast food place ever.

Just a short note, I will definitely be doing a full review on both the Denver aloft hotel which I've mentioned briefly and the Hotel Deluxe which we're staying in right now. I have to say that husband has been unbelievable by indulging me in some of the neatest hotels in the cities that we've been in. I think these reviews deserve their own posts so look forward to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Lollipop