Monday, December 29, 2014

I'm Not Dead Yet!

It's officially been over a year since I moved to Alice Springs and I have to admit that I still feel the same way about this quirky little town. My "candy coated life" certainly had it's candy coating melted off once I arrived here in the sweltering heat. I've managed to survive though and even find one or two good things here, but not enough to say that I love it here or even really like it. The best thing about living in Alice Springs so far has been… I haven't been here all that much.



Our current living situation has meant a bit of extra money and more opportunities for me to travel. So far this year I've been to Tokyo on two different occasions and was able to tour some of southern Japan with Husband. We even spent a night in Taipei and a bit too much time in the Hong Kong International Airport for my tastes. I was able to take a weekend getaway to Melbourne with one of my new bestie here in town to visit my Aussie bestie, Violet Le Beaux. Then, for my birthday, my mother-in-law took me along on her Australian tour so I've been able to see even more of this country! We snorkeled on the Great Barrier Reef, discovered the rain forests, toured Sydney, went to Ayers Rock (now called Uluru) and so much more.


That's not to say I haven't been having fun while I'm at home either. Winter is really the season for events here in the Alice and I was able to make it to just about all of them. Alice Springs really blossoms into a center of art and culture once the weather cools down. My best friends here has really been encouraging me to celebrate the good things even though they may be small and the best so far has been the most amazing dry cleaner I've ever had in my life. If you're a Lolita then you'll understand how much of a blessing that can be!

This coming year I have even more travel planned so I'm hoping to spend more time documenting it on my blog. I also have come to the realization that I have always traveled way more than the average person and I'm hoping to share some tips and techniques that I've picked up along the way along with reviews of some of my favorite travel products. I haven't given up sewing yet either and I'm slowly but surely getting my workshop ready to start producing products for sale. There's so much to look forward to in 2015! Here's to a new year with new adventures and wishing everyone else a great 2015 as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Lollipop