Friday, October 12, 2012

Lolita Blog Carnival: Three Prints You Would Like To See

Welcome back to Candy Coated Life! Life being not so "candy coated" recently meant that I just didn't ahve the time or impetus to write regularly. All excuses aside, hopefully you noticed the new layout in honor of the best holiday all year: Halloween! Things have been shaken up over on my Tumblr as well with tons of inspiring Halloween images queued up for the entire month, so please check it out!



In an effort to start writing more regularly, I joined up for the Lolita Blog Carnival. Each week there will be a new prompt that all the blogs participating will be writing about. New posts go up each Friday and at the bottom of each post will be links to the other blogs participating that week as well as the Lolita Blog Carnival itself.



This week's topic is: "Three Prints You Would Like To See"

Prints are something that I really love, but I don't have very many in my wardrobe. The recent trend towards border prints was creative and fun at first, but has become a bit played out as far as I'm concerned. I would love to see more all over prints done in new and creative ways. Bolder colors and larger sale designs as opposed to just the small scale floral or polka dots. A great example of this would be Metamorphose's kimono print or camouflage print.

Yum-Yums, Cake, and Babby
I am so guilty of being Arapakasso obsessed and I would love to see them wander on to some fabric. Like the "derpy pony" series of designs on Spoonflower, think of all the things that Arapakasso could be doing!
I am a horrible mom who can't find ANY pictures of her sons.
Have a TommyPom, official Pom of Tumblr instead (from TommyPom.com).

For my last choice, I would definitely have to say: Pomeranians. As the biased mom of two beautiful Pomeranian boys, of course I want to see cute fluffy puppies worked into a design. When Husband and I were first looking for a dog and I was still making my way into Lolita, I ran across this image that was just about the epitome of everything I wanted to be. I thought that one day I would be that girl, in her beautiful dress, having a fun picnic with her Pom (and now I have two to picnic with)!

Check out all the other posts from the Lolita Blog Carnival here:
Puppenschloss
Leather Lace & Arsenic
Parfait Doll
Pop Princess
F Yeah Lolita
Lolita Poupée
Rainbow Star Candy
Secret Window
A Lace Jail
Commercially Alternative
Sidhe Ban Shee
La Petite Princesse
Darlky Darling
SweetLolitaDoll
Good Morning Lovely
Fashion Fairytales & Sewing Secrets

5 comments:

  1. An arpakasso print would just blow my mind *_* Especially if it were like "sailor alpacas" or "summertime strawberry alpacas" etc~ So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I just love them so much, they could do anything! Have you see Cooking with Arpakasso! ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-XCi1HHWY )? I love it!

      Delete
  2. I'm actually very surprised there hasn't been an alpaca print yet, given how insanely popular they are right now!

    And I agree completely about more all-over prints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked on Spoonflower and couldn't find anything. There's a whole market out there just waiting to be tapped!

      Delete
  3. Alpacas!!!! Definitly a must have <3

    ReplyDelete

Red Lollipop