Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Whiter Shade of Pale

Whiter Shade of Pale Rose

I’ve always gotten comments on my extremely pale skin, both positive and negative. I’ve always been jealous of people who could tan because I could only ever burn, and I’d always been wary of using a faux tanner because of the horror stories I’d heard. This winter though I figured I would try one of the newer gradual tanning lotions and if it didn’t work out, well we’re still in long sleeves and pants weather around here so it’d be easy enough to hide.



After doing a little research online, I decided to go with the “Jergens® natural glow
Revitalizing Daily Moisturizer” and the “Jergens® natural glow
Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer”. Right off I really liked the fact that there were two varieties for both fair and medium skin tones and that it was going to be a gradual color change over a week. Both products were inexpensive and easy to find at local stores. I used both products once a day for a week all over my body after a shower covering every inch of me for an all over tan, from the tops of my feet and up to my face (my hubby was nice enough to get my back). After the first week I decided to use it twice a day for a slightly darker color.

Having used it for about two weeks now I’m really pleased with the results! The smell was a bit over-powering, but I loved the subtle color it gave me and it was wonderfully moisturizing. The bottle of body lotion is almost empty now, but I still have plenty of the facial moisturizer. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a bit of color without exposure to the sun. Through use I’ve come up with some tips that might help if you decide to try these products out:

♥ Any dry spots like elbows, knees, and ankles will soak the tanner up quicker than other parts of your skin so make sure to moisturize thoroughly before you begin using tanner.
♥ Make sure you blend well up to your hairline on the back of your neck and face, behind and on your ears so that you don’t have any light spots.
♥ Always wash your hands after application, and I like to use a mix of 1 part tanning lotion to 1 part regular lotion to color the tops of my hands to keep the color even and without getting orange palms.
♥ Remember that your new skin color is going to look differently under various lights so get a second opinion from a trusted friend on how your look is going.

If you’ve never used a tanner before, I highly recommend trying it out in the colder season. There’s so much less pressure when you can cover up than when you’re out all the time in short sleeves and flip-flops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Lollipop