Friday, January 22, 2010

Valentine's Day

Whether you love it or hate it, it’s hard not to notice that practically all stores are getting geared up for Valentine’s Day. I was never really a big fan of Valentine’s Day and even now that I’m married my husband and I don’t really celebrate. One thing I do love about this holiday is all the cute seasonal décor that comes out! This is the perfect time for stocking up on cute and romantic touches for the whole home (especially if you’re entire kitchen is decorated in baby pink)!

My favorite places to shop are Target, Home Goods, Williams Sonoma, and craft stores like Jo-Ann’s and Michael’s for seasonal-specific décor, kitchenware, and dining ware. Make sure to get to the craft stores early in the season for the best selections, as they tend to release products a bit ahead of traditional retail stores (sometimes immediately following Christmas).

This year I’ve been really light on purchases, but did pick up a few things from Target. First off, I had to pick up these cute plates for dinner with the husband. Nothing says, “I love you” like a homemade dinner on cute heart-shaped plates. Also, I was just too tempted by this small toss pillow. It actually completes a series of heart pillows I’ve already had so how could I pass it up?

There are certainly many more cute things that I could pick up this season, but I’m trying to pace myself. Just remember that if you really fall in love with something, make sure you won’t regret not picking it up as most of these items won’t be back the following year. Also make sure that you check the quality of these items to make sure they’re made to last longer than a month. For textiles like tablecloths, bedding, etc check the materials used and for any item you buy, check the washing instructions. Usually things that are dishwasher or washer/dryer safe are going to hold up better with daily use. Remember that you want to use these items past February 15th!

Hope you find your own pieces to love, and I would love to see them! Happy shopping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Lollipop