Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Girl Gamer Recommends: Wife Games!


Today I'd like to talk about “Wife Games”! Wife games are games that Husband plays and I either watch or help along with in one way or another. I think these are fun to recommend because I know many couples where either both play video games, or one games and the other isn't quite as into it. These are a great way to share the TV in a new way without necessarily having to play co-op.

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 (Wii): Super Mario Galaxy is a great one to start off with. I've talked with so many women who are the official “Star Catcher” of the relationship. The game plays much like any other 3D Mario game, but in this one a second player can affect the game in limited ways. Mainly you can catch star bits that can add up for extra lives, but you can also throw said star bits at enemies, pause enemies and also if you're really crazy, make Mario jump whenever you like (I had way too much fun annoying Husband with that). I've never liked the 3D Mario games, so this was a fun way for me to “play along” without actually having to do any of the real work.



For the rest of these games, I mostly took on the role of “Oracle”. I was the one with the computer looking up the walk-through, finding all the bits, and solving problems on the fly. As a team, Husband and I have had so much fun going through these together.

(Almost) Every Final Fantasy Ever, Grand Theft Auto 4, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas




Uncharted 1, 2, & 3: The Uncharted Series has a special place here because I just liked watching Husband play it. Watching this game is a lot like watching a movie, until your player dies and you think “We've already watched this scene, why did it rewind?”





Turns out, I'm not the only one...


Also I have a huge nerd crush on Nathan Drake. A very nice guy at a Subway gave me one of their promotional posters that featured Uncharted so now Nathan Drake hangs out in my craft room with me.

Next up I'll finish up my game recommendations with portable games, mostly on the Nintendo DS/3DS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Red Lollipop